In your engine there are hundreds of moving parts that need to be properly lubricated to ensure they do not fail prematurely and provide maximum efficiency while the engine is running, and that’s just the beginning. Motor Oil is essentially the life-blood of any automotive vehicle, it ensures that the engine stays clean, friction free, and guarantees a longer life of your car. The question often arises, do I use a full synthetic motor oil or non-synthetic? The answer is, this depends on personal preference and in most cases, the car you drive.
In most exotic, high end, or luxury cars, they will either have their own brands of motor oil, or they reference a specific vendor that supports the proper oil specifications for the engines that they manufacture. You may be thinking “why don’t I just go ahead and put a non-synthetic in since they do the same thing?”. The answer is, if you put a non-synthetic engine oil into a system meant to handle a high-quality synthetic oil, you could have some lubrication issues. In engines such as BMW or Mercedes or other high-end vehicles, the engineering involved could be so precise that the use of a non-synthetic oil without the correct specifications can lead to severe and expensive engine failure.
If you drive a vehicle that does not require synthetic oil, you should still consider the benefits of synthetic oil over conventional oils. A synthetic oil can provide more benefits to conventional oil such as:
- Longer lasting, 7,500 to 10,000 miles between oil changes
- Resists breakdown over time
- Withstands high temperatures, commonly found in performance and diesel engines
- Flows in cold weather, allowing cold starts to be conducted more easily with less engine wear
- Less likely to form sludge in the motor because synthetic oil is a much cleaner-running oil to conventional
- Protects the engine and turbo charger parts with better efficiency over conventional oil
Motor oil is essentially the lifeblood of your vehicle and your investment can be better protected with synthetic oils so consider the benefits of switching to a premium synthetic oil on your next oil change.
Need synthetic oil for your vehicle, use the form below to schedule an appointment.